Pages

Friday, May 18, 2018

By the Sea ~ with Cyndy G

Happy Friday.  Today I am sharing a project using files from SVG Attic's - JGW Fathoms Deep.  I used the top piece of the Claim Shell Box.  I got the idea from Annes Paper Creations.

First I cut the base of the shell three times - once out of Chip board and twice out of Vanill Cardstock to cover the front and back of the chipboard.  Next I cut the panels out of decorative paper.  I used Graphic 45 - By The Sea.  I raised every other section of the shell by using strips of foam tape under the panels to give the shell the feeling of ripples that you find on a real claim shell.


I did a lot of fussy cutting and used Mod Podge on all the pieces before assembling the project.  This helps protect your fussy cut pieces from tears and it really makes the base solid.  Finally I added a self adhesive picture hook to the back so it can be hung.  The overall size of the project is about 5x7.  Thank you for stopping by.

New to SVG Attic?  Check out these awesome places!


Do what inspires you,
Cyndy G

6 comments:

  1. This is such a unique idea! Great tip to use Mod Podge before assembling to make the whole piece more durable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep looking at this one Cyndy - It's just so awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did do a lot of fussy cutting but it was so worth it. This is so beautiful. I'm like Helle, just keep looking at it.

    ReplyDelete