Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

You Brighten My Day


FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here

Hello all! I-team member Sonja here with my latest card. Let's talk about challenges. I love to be challenged when it comes to crafting. One way to do this is to take a file and make it into something it wasn't intended for. 

This SnapDragon Snippets hot air balloon is originally a 15" tall centerpiece. For some reason though, I decided I should make it the centerpiece to a 5" x 7" x-fold card so I shrunk it down to about 5" tall from flag tip to bottom. Why? Well why not should be the question. 

To start with, I needed to design the card base. To do this was 5 easy steps. 
  1. Create a 5" x 7" rectangle 
  2. Divide it in half with a score line
  3. Center the shape of your choice and erase any extra score line within the shape
  4. Create an 'internal offset' size of your choice for decorative paper
  5. Cut out four bases and four accents



After I got the base cut out, I cut all the balloon pieces out and got to assembling.
(Note, I built the balloon around a strand of fishing wire. The reason is at the end of this post)
 Tweezers were very helpful for the tiny details on this!
For the clouds, I ran each cloud and some foam through my Xyron Creative Station Lite® for an even distribution of adhesive. I used my Teresa Collins Mega Runner by Xyron® for the card base and accent pieces.

Final Project: 
At the last minute I decided to add in a few suitcases from SnapDragon Snippets for details.
No matter what angle you look at the balloon, it is always the centerpiece of this card.


Fishing wire reasoning

Materials Used: 



FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a unique way to incorporate that hot air balloon into something totally new and fresh! It couldn't have been am easy task, but you totally rocked it!

    ReplyDelete