Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Valentine Heart Box

Welcome to February, the month of love!
Tracy here, from the Idea Closet and today for my SVG Attic post I am excited to share a beautiful Valentine's day project.


This heart box reminds me of my Grandma.  
Grandma had a couple of old vintage heart boxes, that my grandpa had given her.  Since she was one who always found a way to  re-purpose something, her boxes were decorated with buttons, bows and scraps of lace.  They were beautiful storage boxes that held letters, cards and other important items.
So when I first saw this heart box, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.

The box is part of the JGW Vintage Valentine Collection


You can follow Jodi's instructions here to cut and put it together.


I doubled up the inside liner pieces and it made the box very sturdy.
By using double sided printed cardstock for the sides, even the inside looks finished.



The paper I used is Bo Bunny Sweet Moments.
To finish it off, I used some of the elements from the Lid Embellishments but then I added flowers from the G is for Gratitude Collection and 2 keys from Snapdragon Snippets that can be found in the Silhouette store.
I cut two of each key to make them thicker.  I also used the small hearts from inside the key and added them to the lid as well.

Tie the tag and the keys with some baker's twine and you have a beautiful keepsake heart box.
What will you hold in yours?


New to SVG Attic?  Check out these awesome places!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is such a beautiful heart and you have such great memories to go with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely and inspiring and makes the heart box look extra wonderful. Loved your story, too. Nice job! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete