Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Shabby Chic Birthday Cake

Happy Saturday all!  Beth from Beth's Beauties here with you, and today is extra special because it is my birthday!  I decided I would make my very own birthday cake for the occasion ;)
 I started out with a 3D birthday cake file from SVG Attic's SDS 3D Cake Box Kit and papers from DCWV's Country Floral stack.
The three tiers are made with different papers and the flowers match the pink and yellow roses on the middle tier.  The small flowers were created using the Wooly Blossom 5 Petal Flower from SVG Attic's JGW Winter Wonderland set. For those, I cut 2 layers of petals at 1.5" each.  I spritzed them with water, scrunched them and let them dry before assembling.
The cake topper rose is much more full, but it also is created from the Wooly Blossom 5 Petal Flower from SVG Attic's JGW Winter Wonderland set.  I used 8 layers on this one, two of each of the following sizes:  2.36", 2",  1.64",  1.28".  I also misted these with water and scrunched them prior to assembly.
The fun part is that the bottom two tiers are actually boxes that can hold gifts!  I think I am going to have to get some chocolate to hide in these layers to make a stash just for me ;)
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Beth! This is a lovely project for a wonderful gal. So nice to see your projects and learn as you describe how you achieved this beautiful display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully designed! It looks stunning, like I'm in a garden party

    ReplyDelete