Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

Look I Made A Hat, Again with Lisa



Hi, everyone! Lisa from In The Crafting Cave with you today. I'm sharing a great way to use the JGW Mourner's Hat from the JGW Raven Quest Collection for Spring/Summer. I love this hat because you can use it for anything. Seriously, 
I've used it for Spring, Summer, and Christmas. Maybe I should use it for Halloween sometime. 
This time, I made it for my Mom, she loves the hat too. She requested it be yellow with gray and go from Easter/Spring to Summer. 

  
This is a picture of JGW Raven's Quest Mourner's Hat made for Spring/Summer with yellows and grays.
Summer

So I used yellow cardstock to create the hat and a warm gray patterned paper for 
trim, bow, and feather. The flowers, leaves, and moss are from my craft stash.
The Easter Eggs are from the Easter Elements Collections.

This is a picture of JGW Raven's Quest Mourner's Hat made for Spring/Summer with yellows and grays.
Easter/Spring


TIP
Wooden Skewers are a must in my craft room. You can pick them 
up at your local big box stores or grocery stores. They are inexpensive and can be used for a multitude of things. I did a lot of hot gluing on this hat and the skewers helped me tuck and hold pieces saving my fingers. Also, I cut one into thirds and glued to the back of the Easter Eggs to hold them in place. Once Easter is over the eggs can be easily removed. 


You can find all the details on my blog, In The Crafting Cave with Lisa.
This is a picture of JGW Raven's Quest Mourner's Hat made for Spring/Summer with yellows and grays.
The eggs are removable.

As always, thanks for stopping by and have an amazing weekend! 



7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this take on the Mourner's hat! You can keep making them for every holiday and they will be unique and wonderful no matter what :) I know your mom will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous hat Lisa! Just wonderful! I thought about doing this hat for Dr. Seuss day at my son's school. Never got it past a thought so bravo! :) Hugs Sonja
    ♥ Sugar Beans Cards ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Dr. Seuss idea! You should do it.

      Delete
  3. Lisa this hat is wonderful. Great vision using it as an Easter hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible! I love the colors c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! I love this hat so much! Dr. Seuss would be fun Sonja! And it was a hit with the mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous hat! I would wear this anytime :)

    ReplyDelete