FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.
Hello all. I-team member Sonja here with my newest inspiration. While thinking about my next project, a certain vision popped into my mind. I got on SnapDragon Snippets website to see if I could find what I wanted to do. After not finding it, I remembered that I have had the Castle Tower 3D Box file in my library for a year and haven't used it.
With a few modifications to the top of it, I was able to make my vision happen. It took me about 2 full days to design and execute it all. Mainly because I kept changing my mind about the roof.
Rot Iron Fence:
Just a few skinny rectangles, circles, and a pentagon for the fence topper was all it took to make the fence. I welded six fences to a hexagon with a smaller hexagon in the middle to accommodate the top tower room to allow a light in it.
Original Top Piece
Keeping with the hexagon theme of the tower, I decided to do a hexagon shaped roof. I couldn't find any in my library so I set out to weld a six triangles together and play around with it until I got what I envisioned.
Final roof shape after welding and shaping
For the tower portion itself, I wanted to float in some slight color. The best way for this was with a gray sharpie and the Craftwell eBrush. I used Bazzill cardstock for this project because it's a really sturdy product and I didn't have to double up on walls or anything to hold its shape.
After floating in a bit of color detail, I ran the tower walls, base, and steps I created through my Sizzix Big Shot with a Darice brick embossing folder
Next, for the tower top I wanted to have the clear plastic just for extra detail. The best way I have found to adhere the plastic to paper is by using my Xyron Creative Station Lite® .
For the steps, I simply took some rectangle boxes I had in my library, downsized them to what I needed, ran them through my Big Shot for the embossing, and dry brushed some ink on them to make the steps look aged.
Turn the light on...
These little lanterns are from the SVG Winter Wishes set. The lantern is much much larger than these little tykes. They are about the size of the tip of a pencil on this lighthouse.
I intentionally did not adhere the top to the tower so I had easy access to the tea light.
.....I can only imagine it. All those tulips! And windmills....and water channels. I was lucky to visit close to Amsterdam this winter but I would really love to go now to see all of the gorgeous signs of Spring.
Well....I can't go because I can't afford it but I can bring a little bit of the Netherlands into my living room with this next project I made from SnapDragon Snippets. The files are also available in the Silhouette Design Store.
This cutie is made from AC Cardstock in Caramel, Cotton Candy, Banana, Rosebud, Apricot, Vanilla, Cranberry, Mulberry, Boysenberry, Lemon, Olive, Spinach and Mustard. It is decorated with wood patterned cardstock in Kraft also from AC and Graphic 45s Floral Shoppe.
The shoe I kept in the original size but the tulips are downsized by 50%.
I used wooden skewers as stems and attached the flower heads and the leaves with floral tape. Then I added some flower foam and Spanish Moss into the shoe and stuck in the tulips and the leaves.
It is so easy to make - a bit time consuming with all the tulips, but it's really not that bad.
All edges are inked with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink Pads from Prima.
I am so pleased with how this turned out.
I hope you like it too - tell me in a comment please and thanks for joining me today.
To create the top of the box I used the decorative layer that comes in the file and added the text hello. The eclipse text is popular right now and very simple to create.
All the paper is from DCWV Hello Darlin' Stack.
Happy Monday morning! Beth from Beth's Beauties here today with these fun boho style birthday cards.
I have a couple special birthdays to send cards out for in the next month, so I wanted to get those cards created in plenty of time. The first card is cut from the SnapDragon SnippetsCupcake Scallop Double Bi-Fold Card. The papers I used are from DCWV's Boho Style stack. It has gorgeous copper foil treatment on some of the papers that add lots of visual interest to the project.
For embellishments, I added Totally Red Trendy Twine and GMD Citrus Twist enamel dots.
Here is the open view of the card! The sentiment is cut from a scrap of brown vinyl. That is what I use a lot for sentiments because you always get a perfect cut and the adhesive is already on the back.
To embellish, I used small bows of Twisted Lime Trendy Twine on the balloons and clear Nuvo Crystal Drops on the confetti dots. The yellow layer is popped up with foam tape. Other adhesives used on both cards include ATG and Lineco Adhesive.